You see, I set out a number of lofty goals for my reading and blogging last year--and I met them all. However, I think I sacrificed enjoyment for my goals. I was so set on meeting all these goals, that I lost sight of why I had them in the first place.
I am not going to give up having goals, but I am changing my focus with these goals. I'm slowing things down and I'm going to use these goals as sort of a speed control for myself.
So, here are my goals for 2015!
- I am going to continue with a Goodreads Challenge, but I'm lowering my goal from 125 to 100. I'm also going to include audiobooks in this count. My actual Goodreads Challenge will be more like 102 or so to cover the books I've started in 2014 but will finish in 2015.
- I'm rededicating myself to giving up books that are not working for me.
- I will not time my reading (one of my 2014 goals was to read an hour a day and it caused me more stress than it was worth).
- I'm not going to have more than 5 books on my Netgalley TBR shelf at a time. I went a little crazy with Netgalley this year....yikes!
- I'm going to be more involved with my blogging. There are have been many, many periods during this year when I posted something and that was it. I'm going to spend more time replying to comments and interacting on other blogs.
- Finally, I'm going to try not to post reviews on the blog in June and December. There may be a review or two that sneaks in just because I read it long before its publication date, but I'm going to try to keep those months review free. I will still be posting during those months--I'll keep up with Saturday Snapshot and Monday reading posts and I'll post about other things and I may even have a guest post or two.
So there you go. This will be a new experience for me--setting goals to slow down--but we'll see how it goes!